If you want to trek faster, or if you quite simply prefer not to carry a heavy pack, there are quite a few tricks you can use to lower the weight of your pack. The first step, of course, is only taking with you items you really need. A common mistake is to pack to many changes of clothing. Another unnecessary burden that many people carry is water! Since you can drink the water from Swedish mountain streams, you only need to carry a small cup to satisfy your thirst as needed.
The greatest weight savings are made on the heavier pieces of equipment. By choosing a lighter tent, sleeping bag and stove, you can shave off several kilos. This means that the few grams you will save by cutting off the handle of your toothbrush are not so important. With less, and lighter, equipment, you can also choose a smaller backpack, which will weigh less.
• Choose a lightweight down sleeping bag instead of a synthetic sleeping bag. It should still insulate down to -5° C.
• Bring a closed-cell plastic ground pad instead of an inflatable pad. It takes up more space but weighs less. Find a lightweight tent. If there are several of you, share a three- or four-man tent so the weight per person is less.
• Distribute the tent, poles, etc., among the group. Choose a thin, lightweight rain suit instead of a sturdy three-layer suit.
• If you are completely sure that your feet can spend long days in your boots without any problem, you can leave the sandals and athletic shoes at home.
• Choose a small propane gas burner that can be screwed directly onto the gas tube and an extremely light pot. But do not eliminate the lid - it cuts the cooking time almost in half.
• Only bring freeze-dried food.
Der er ikke nogen produkter, som matcher de kriterier, du har angivet.